Discover Your Life Mission
Knowing your life mission is a very powerful and sobering discovery. Your life mission is the purpose and the reason for which you are alive. No one can tell you what your life
mission is. You, and only you, can discover your mission in life. Many people go through their entire life without uncovering their mission. Once you know what your mission is in life … the mission you have selected for yourself, then you can write a personal life mission statement.
Henry Tate, NLP trainer
Your personal mission statement might include the following points as well as others that are unique to you.
Jot down your immediate response without thinking too much about your answer.
- The reason I am here, alive today, is to:
- My mission in life is to:
- I will be the best me I can when I:
- What gives my life a true sense of meaning is:
- More than anything in life, I want to be:
You might also find it helpful to consider the following questions:
- What are my greatest strengths?
- What do others feel my greatest strengths are?
- If I could do anything in life and not worry about money what would it be?
- What characteristics do I like most in other people?
- What (and/or who) makes me feel happy inside? Why?
- What is most important to me in life?
- If I could change the world, what things would I change?
- what are my greatest talents, skills and abilities?
- Who am I most important to in life? Who else?
- Before I die, I want to accomplish the following:
- Before I die, I want to do the following:
- My most important values are (here is a brief list to get you started):